中英對照/來跟從我/2020/1月27-2月2日
1As you study 1 Nephi 16–22, look for passages that impress you.
1研讀尼腓一書第16~22章時,找出讓你印象深刻的經文章節。
2Some people like to highlight such verses in their scriptures; others write notes in the margins.
2有些人喜歡在自己的經文上劃記這些經文,有些人則喜歡將筆記寫在經文的空白處。
3Consider how you will record the impressions you receive.
3思考你要如何將得到的靈感啟發記錄下來。
4As Lehi’s family journeyed toward the promised land, the Lord made them this promise: “I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments” (1 Nephi 17:13).
4李海的家庭往應許地前進時,主賜給他們這個應許:「如果你們遵守我的誡命,我必在你們前面預備道路」(尼腓一書17:13)。
5Clearly, that promise did not mean that the journey would be easy—family members still disagreed, bows broke, and people struggled and died, and they still had to build a ship from raw materials.
5蒙得那樣的應許不代表那會是一趟輕鬆的旅程——他們的家人依舊不和,弓照樣斷,人民會受苦、會死亡,而且他們仍然必須找材料造船。
6However, when the family faced adversity or seemingly impossible tasks, Nephi recognized that the Lord was never far away.
6然而,這個家庭在面對苦難或看似不可能達成的任務時,尼腓領悟到主從未遠離他們。
7He knew that God “doth nourish [the faithful], and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them” (1 Nephi 17:3).
7他知道神「必滋養〔忠信的人〕,加強他們,並提供方法,使他們能完成祂命令的事」(尼腓一書17:3)。
8If you ever wonder why bad things happen to good people like Nephi and his family, you may find insights in these chapters.
8如果你曾納悶為何壞事會發生在尼腓和他家庭這樣的好人身上,你可以從這幾章中找到一些見解。
9But perhaps more important, you will see what good people do when bad things happen.
9不過或許更重要的是,你會看見壞事發生的時候,好人會做什麼。
10Chapters 16–18 of 1 Nephi describe several challenges that Nephi’s family faced, including dealing with a broken bow (see 1 Nephi 16:17–32), the death of Ishmael (see 1 Nephi 16:34–39), building a ship (see 1 Nephi 17:7–16; 18:1–4), and family discord (see 1 Nephi 18:9–22).
10尼腓一書第16~18章描述尼腓家庭面對的數個挑戰,其中包括斷弓事件(見尼腓一書16:17-32),以實瑪利過世(見尼腓一書16:34-39),造船(見尼腓一書17:7-16;18:1-4),以及家人不和(見尼腓一書18:9-22)。
11How did Nephi’s responses to these challenges differ from the responses of some of his family members?
11尼腓回應這些挑戰的方式,如何不同於他某些家人的回應?
12What were the consequences of these responses?
12這些回應造成什麼結果?
13It might help to record what you find in a table with headings like these: “Challenge,” “Nephi’s Response,” “Others’ Responses,” and “Results.”
13用表格記下發現的內容可能會有所幫助;表格裡可以有如下的標題:「挑戰」、「尼腓的回應」、「其他人的回應」,以及「結果」。
14Why do you think Nephi was able to remain so faithful when others did not?
14你認為為什麼尼腓能保持如此的忠信,其他人卻不能?
15Reflect on how the example of Nephi and his family can help you with your challenges.
15思考尼腓和他家庭的榜樣如何能幫助你面對挑戰。
16See also related videos in the Book of Mormon Videos collection on ChurchofJesusChrist.org or the Gospel Library app.
16亦見ChurchofJesusChrist.org或福音圖書館應用程式裡的摩爾門經影片選集相關影片。
17When God led Lehi’s family into the wilderness, He did not provide them with a detailed travel plan to the promised land.
17神帶領李海的家庭進入曠野時,並沒有給他們到應許地的詳細旅行計畫。
18But He did give Lehi the Liahona to guide his family daily toward their destination.
18不過,他給了李海利阿賀拿,每天引導他們一家往目的地前進。
19What has Heavenly Father given you to provide guidance and direction?
19天父已賜給你哪些東西來引導你,給你方向?
20What do you think it means that “by small means the Lord can bring about great things”? (1 Nephi 16:29).
20你認為,「主能藉著微小的方法,促成偉大的事情」(尼腓一書16:29)這句話是什麼意思?
21As you read 1 Nephi 16:10–16, 23–31 and 18:11–22, consider making a list of principles that illustrate how God guides His children.
21閱讀尼腓一書16:10-16,23-31和18:11-22時,可以把能說明神如何引導祂的兒女的原則列出來。
22(for example, 1 Nephi 16:10 can teach that God sometimes guides us in unexpected ways)
22(例如,尼腓一書16:10教導我們,神有時會用令人意想不到的方式引導我們)
23What experiences have you had with these principles?
23你有哪些體驗過這些原則的經驗?
24See also Alma 37:7, 38–47; Doctrine and Covenants 64:33–34.
24亦見阿爾瑪書37:7,38-47;教義和聖約64:33-34。
25If Ye Are Prepared Ye Shall Not Fear, by Clark Kelley Price
25你們若準備好,你們就不會害怕,克拉克·普萊斯繪
26Isaiah wrote to all the children of Israel, and Nephi saw that this included his own family specifically—and it includes you (see 1 Nephi 19:23–24).
26以賽亞所寫的事情是寫給整個以色列兒女的,尼腓知道這明確地包括他自己的家庭——也包括你(見尼腓一書19:23-24)。
27Regarding Nephi’s quotations of Isaiah, President Henry B. Eyring said, “I read Isaiah’s words … assuming Nephi picked the parts of Isaiah that I, without worrying about the imagery, could take directly to my heart as if the Lord were speaking to me”.
27關於尼腓引述以賽亞的話,亨利·艾寧會長說:「我把以賽亞的那些話……讀一遍,我認為尼腓所選擇的這些以賽亞書的部分,都能直接深入我心,就像主親自對我說話一樣,而不用擔心意象的問題」。
28(“The Book of Mormon Will Change Your Life,” Ensign, Feb. 2004, 10)
28(參閱「摩爾門經會使你的一生改觀」,2004年2月,聖徒之聲,第14頁)
29With President Eyring’s words in mind, consider questions like the following as you read chapters 20–22:
29閱讀第20~22章時,記得艾寧會長的話,並思考以下的問題:
301 Nephi 20:1–9.
30尼腓一書20:1-9。
31What phrases in these verses describe the children of Israel?
31這幾節經文用了哪些詞句形容以色列的兒女?
32How do they describe Laman and Lemuel?
32這些經文如何形容拉曼和雷米爾?
33What warnings and application do you find for yourself?
33你發現哪些警告是給你的?如何適用在你身上?
341 Nephi 20:17–22.
34尼腓一書20:17-22。
35How did the Lord lead the children of Israel?
35主如何帶領以色列的兒女?
36How did He lead Lehi’s family?
36祂如何帶領李海一家人?
37How does He guide you?
37祂又如何引導你?
38What else do you find in 1 Nephi 20–22 that makes you feel as if the Lord were speaking to you?
38你在尼腓一書第20~22章還發現哪些事情,讓你覺得好像主是在對你說話?
39How does Nephi’s commentary in chapter 22 help you understand Isaiah’s prophecies?
39尼腓在第22章中的解釋如何幫助你了解以賽亞的預言?
40The house of Israel are the descendants of the Old Testament prophet Jacob, who was given the name Israel by the Lord.
40以色列家族是舊約先知雅各的後裔;主將以色列這個名字賜給雅各。
41(see Genesis 32:28; 35:10; see also Bible Dictionary, “Israel”)
41(見創世記32:28;35:10;亦見經文指南,「以色列」)
42The Lord made certain covenants with Israel, and his descendants were considered God’s covenant people.
42主與以色列訂立特定的聖約,他的後裔於是被視為神的約民。
43However, generations later, many of them turned away from the Lord and were eventually scattered across the earth.
43不過,幾個世代之後,他們當中有許多人背離了主,最後被分散到世界各地。
44The term Gentiles in these passages refers to people that do not yet have the gospel (see Bible Dictionary, “Gentile”).
44在這段經文章節裡的外邦人一詞,指的是尚未擁有福音的人(見經文指南,「外邦人」)。
45Isaiah taught that in the latter days the Gentiles would be given the gospel and be instrumental in teaching and gathering the house of Israel.
45以賽亞教導,在後期時代,外邦人將被賜予福音,成為教導和聚集以色列家族的工具。
46(see 1 Nephi 21:22; 22:8–12; see also Isaiah 60; 66:18–20)
46(見尼腓一書21:22;22:8-12;亦見以賽亞書第60章;66:18-20)
47As you read the scriptures with your family, the Spirit can help you know what principles to emphasize and discuss in order to meet the needs of your family.
47你和家人一起閱讀經文時,聖靈會幫助你知道該強調並討論哪些原則,以符合家庭的需求。
48Here are some ideas.
48以下是一些建議:
49Perhaps your family could contrast Nephi’s account of traveling in the wilderness (see 1 Nephi 17:1–6) with his brothers’ account (see 1 Nephi 17:17–22).
49或許你的家庭可以將尼腓在曠野中旅行的記事(見尼腓一書17:1-6)和他哥哥們的記事(見尼腓一書17:17-22)作個對比。
50Why do you think they saw the same events so differently?
50你認為為什麼他們對同樣事情的看法會如此不同?
51What can we learn from Nephi about having a faithful perspective?
51我們可以如何向尼腓學習,用忠於福音的觀點來看事情?
52What are the consequences of jealousy, contention, and complaining in a family?
52家裡若有嫉妒、紛爭和抱怨,會造成哪些結果?
53How can we overcome these problems?
53我們要如何克服這些問題?
54Nephi likened the scriptures to his family “that it might be for [their] profit and learning” (1 Nephi 19:23).
54尼腓把經文比作對他的家庭說的,「好使〔他們〕得到益處和知識」(尼腓一書19:23)。
55There are several stories in 1 Nephi 16–18 that your family could liken to yourselves.
55尼腓一書第16~18章中有數個故事,都可以比作對你自己的家庭說的。
56Maybe you could act out one of these stories and discuss how it applies to your family.
56或許你們可以演出其中一個故事,並討論這個故事如何能應用在你們家中。
57How might the message in these verses help someone who feels forgotten?
57這幾節經文中的信息如何幫助某個覺得自己被人遺忘的人?
58For more ideas for teaching children, see this week’s outline in Come, Follow Me—For Primary.
58教導兒童的更多建議,見來跟從我——供初級會使用的本週大綱。
59Ask the Lord for help.
59祈求主的幫助。
60The scriptures were given by revelation, and we need revelation to truly understand them.
60經文是透過啟示賜予的,因此我們需要啟示才能真正理解經文。
61The Lord has promised, “If ye will … ask me in faith, … surely these things shall be made known unto you” (1 Nephi 15:11).
61主已應許,「如果你們……用信心求問我,……這些事必向你們顯明」(尼腓一書15:11)。