中英對照/福音原則/第29章
主的健康律法
The Lord’s Law of Health
我們的身體是神的殿
Our Bodies Are Temples of God
我們到世上來獲得的偉大祝福之一就是得到一個身體。
One of the great blessings we received when we came to earth was a physical body.
我們需要有一個身體,才能變得像天父一樣。
We need a physical body to become like our Heavenly Father.
我們的身體很重要,所以主稱之為神的殿(見哥林多前書3:16-17;6:19-20)。
Our bodies are so important that the Lord calls them temples of God (see 1 Corinthians 3:16–17; 6:19–20).
我們的身體是神聖的。
Our bodies are holy .
因為我們的身體很重要,所以天父要我們好好照顧自己的身體。
Because our bodies are important, our Father in Heaven wants us to take good care of them.
祂知道,我們如果有健康的身體,就會更快樂,成為更好的人。
He knows that we can be happier, better people if we are healthy.
只要我們的身心潔淨,聖靈就會與我們同在。
The Holy Ghost can be with us if our bodies and minds are clean.
天父知道我們會受誘惑去不當地對待我們的身體,或者會使用對身體有害的東西,因此祂告訴我們哪些東西對健康有益,哪些東西有害。
Our Father knows that we face temptations to treat our bodies unwisely or to take harmful things into them .
For this reason He has told us which things are good for our health and which things are bad.
神賜給我們有關健康的知識大多可在教義和聖約第89 篇中找到。
Much of the information God has given us concerning good health is found in Doctrine and Covenants 89 .
這項啟示就是所謂的「智慧語」。
This revelation is called the Word of Wisdom .
我們必須遵守智慧語,才能配稱進入聖殿。
We must obey the Word of Wisdom to be worthy to enter the temple.
要是不遵守智慧語,主的靈就會離開我們。
If we do not obey the Word of Wisdom, the Lord’s Spirit withdraws from us.
若是玷污了「神的殿」,也就是我們的身體,我們就是在肉體及靈性上傷害自己。
If we defile the “temple of God,” which is our body, we hurt ourselves physically and spiritually .
我們被命令不要服用某些東西
We Are Commanded Not to Take Certain Things into Our Bodies
● 主命令我們不要服用哪些東西?
• What has the Lord commanded us not to take into our bodies ?
主命令我們不要喝酒和強烈飲料,指著就是含有酒精成分的飲料。
The Lord commands us not to use wine and strong drinks, meaning drinks containing alcohol.
總會會長團教導說,強烈飲料通常會把殘暴、貧窮、疾病和災禍帶進家裡,也往往是造成不誠實,失去貞潔,以及喪失良好判斷力的原因。
The First Presidency has taught that strong drink often brings cruelty, poverty, disease, and plague into the home.
It often is a cause of dishonesty, loss of chastity, and loss of good judgment.
對所有飲用的人而言,都是一種詛咒。
It is a curse to all who drink it.
(See “Message of the First Presidency,” ImprovementEra, Nov. 1942, 686.)懷孕的母親如果喝酒,會造成胎兒在身體上和智能上的損傷。
(See “Message of the First Presidency,” Improvement Era, Nov. 1942, 686.) Expectant mothers who drink can cause physical and mental damage to their children.
每年有很多車禍是喝酒的人造成的。
Many automobile accidents are caused each year by people who drink alcohol .
主也已經告訴我們,「菸草不是給身體用的」(教約89:8)。
The Lord has also told us that “tobacco is not for the body” (D&C 89:8).
菸草對我們的身體和靈都不好。
It is harmful to our bodies and our spirits.
我們不應該吸煙、抽雪茄或嚼煙草。
We should not smoke cigarettes or cigars or use chewing tobacco.
科學家證明了煙草會造成多種疾病,並對胎兒有害。
Scientists have shown that tobacco causes many diseases and can harm unborn children .
主還勸告我們不要用「熱飲料」(教約89:9)。
The Lord also counsels us against the use of “hot drinks” (D&C 89:9).
教會領袖說過,這指的是含有有害成分的咖啡和茶。
Church leaders have said that this means coffee and tea, which contain harmful substances.
我們應該避免飲用所有含有有害成分的飲料。
We should avoid all drinks that contain harmful substances .
除非是接受醫療時必須服用藥物,否則不應使用藥物。
We should not use drugs except when they are necessary as medicine .
有些藥物甚至比酒精和煙草(也是藥物)的傷害更大。
Some drugs are even more harmful than alcohol and tobacco (which are also drugs).
濫用藥物的人需要求助,需要祈禱來尋求力量,也要聽從主教的忠告,好使他們能徹底悔改,得到潔淨。
Those who misuse drugs need to seek help, pray for strength, and counsel with their bishop so they can fully repent and become clean .
我們應該避免食用任何我們知道對自己身體不好的東西,不要使用任何會上癮的物質,並且應該避免暴飲暴食。
We should avoid anything that we know is harmful to our bodies .
We should not use any substance that is habit forming.
We should also avoid overeating.
智慧語並沒有告訴我們每樣應當避免或食用的東西,但它給了我們準則。
The Word of Wisdom does not tell us everything to avoid or consume, but it does give us guidelines.
這是一條非常寶貴的屬世律法,也是一條偉大的靈性律法。
It is a valuable temporal law.
It is also a great spiritual law.
遵守智慧語可以讓我們的靈性更堅強。
By living the Word of Wisdom, we become stronger spiritually.
我們要淨化自己的身體,使主的靈能與我們同在。
We purify our bodies so the Spirit of the Lord can dwell with us .
● 還有哪些智慧語沒有特別提到的東西是我們應該避免的?
• What are some things that are not specifically mentioned in the Word of Wisdom that we should avoid ?
我們被教導有些東西對我們的身體是有益的
We Are Taught That Certain Things Are Good for Our Bodies
● 根據智慧語,主說有哪些東西對我們是好的?
• According to the Word of Wisdom, what are some things the Lord says are good for us ?
水果、蔬菜和有益的草藥對我們都是好的。
Fruits, vegetables, and wholesome herbs are good for us.
我們應該用智慧和感謝的心來使用。
We should use them with wisdom and thanksgiving .
飛禽走獸的肉也是給我們食用的,不過,吃肉要節制(見教約49:18;89:12)。
The flesh of birds and animals is also provided for our food.
However, we should eat meat sparingly (see D&C 49:18; 89:12).
吃魚也對我們有益。
Fish is also good for us to eat .
穀類也對我們有益,小麥對我們特別好。
Grains are good for us.
● 吃這些東西為你帶來了哪些祝福?
Wheat is especially good for us .
工作、休息和運動都很重要
Work, Rest, and Exercise Are Important
● 工作、休息和運動和主的健康律法有什麼關係?
• How has the use of these things blessed you ?
• What do work, rest, and exercise have to do with the Lord’s law of health ?
除了教義和聖約第89 篇之外,還有其他經文告訴我們如何保持健康。
In addition to Doctrine and Covenants 89, other scriptures tell us how to be healthy.
經文告訴我們應該「停止懶惰,停止不潔;……停止過長的睡眠;要早睡,免得疲乏;要早起,使身心充滿活力」(教約88:124)。
They tell us that we should “cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; ... cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated” (D&C 88:124).
我們也被告知:「六日要勞碌做你一切的工」(出埃及記20:9)。
We are also told, “Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work” (Exodus 20:9) .
主勸誡我們不要工作過度,透支體力(見教約10:4)。
The Lord counsels us not to labor more than we have strength for (see D&C 10:4) .
近代的一位先知告訴我們要保持身體健康。
A latter-day prophet has told us that we should keep our bodies healthy.
他勸告說:「營養的飲食、規律的運動、適當的睡眠都是強壯身體所必需的,一如有恆地研讀經文及祈禱能強化心智及靈性」(多馬.孟蓀,1991 年1 月,聖徒之聲,「我們可以觸摸天堂」,第42 頁)。
He counseled, “Nutritious meals, regular exercise, and appropriate sleep are necessary for a strong body, just as consistent scripture study and prayer strengthen the mind and spirit” (Thomas S. Monson, in Conference Report, Oct. 1990, 60; or Ensign, Nov. 1990, 46) .
遵守主的健康律法所應許的祝福
Promised Blessings for Living the Lord’s Law of Health
● 我們遵守智慧語時,會得到哪些祝福?
• What blessings come to us as we obey the Word of Wisdom ?
天父已賜給我們健康的律法,來教導我們如何照顧自己的身體。
Our Heavenly Father has given us health laws to teach us how to care for our bodies.
經文論到神的律法時,告訴我們:「我……沒給……屬世的誡命,因為我的誡命都是屬靈的」(教約29:35)。
The scriptures tell us about God’s laws: “No temporal commandment gave I ... , for my commandments are spiritual” (D&C 29:35).
這就是說,祂賜給我們有關身體狀況的誡命是為了我們靈性的好處。
This means that His commandments concerning our physical state are for our spiritual good .
我們遵守主的健康律法和其他誡命時,主就應許會在身體上和靈性上祝福我們。
When we keep the Lord’s law of health and obey His other commandments, the Lord promises to bless us physically and spiritually .
在身體上,我們被應許會有健康。
Physically we have been promised good health.
有了健康的身體,我們就能「奔跑卻不困倦,行走卻不疲乏」(教約89:20)。
As a result of this good health we “shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint” (D&C 89:20).
這是一項美好的祝福,不過祂應許要給我們的靈性祝福比身體上的祝福更大。
This is a great blessing, but the spiritual blessings He has promised us are even greater than the physical ones .
主應許我們「必找到智慧和知識的大寶藏,甚至隱藏的寶藏」(教約89:19)。
The Lord promises us that we “shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures” (D&C 89:19).
我們會透過啟示,藉由聖靈的教導而明白重要的真理。
We will be taught important truths by the Holy Ghost through revelation.
培道.潘會長教導說:「我們的身體是靈體的工具。
President Boyd K. Packer taught: “Our physical body is the instrument of our spirit.
『智慧語』這奇妙的啟示告訴我們如何保持身體潔淨,不要讓能做屬靈溝通的靈敏感官遭受污染而變得遲鈍,甚至損壞。
In that marvelous revelation the Word of Wisdom, we are told how to keep our bodies free from impurities which might dull, even destroy, those delicate physical senses which have to do with spiritual communication.
智慧語是獲得個人啟示的關鍵」(參閱1990 年1 月,聖徒之聲,第13 頁)。
The Word of Wisdom is a key to individual revelation” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1989, 16; or Ensign, Nov. 1989, 14) .
主也應許毀滅天使會越過我們。
The Lord also promises that the destroying angel shall pass us by .
禧伯.郭會長說:「你我若渴望獲得生命、健康和身心精力的祝福;若渴望毀滅天使能像在以色列兒女的時代所做的那樣,越過我們,我們就必須遵守智慧語,這樣神就必受到約束,而我們就會獲得祝福」(總會會長的教訓:禧伯.郭,第192 頁)。
President Heber J. Grant said, “If you and I desire the blessings of life, of health, of vigor of body and mind; if we desire the destroying angel to pass us by, as he did in the days of the children of Israel, we must obey the Word of Wisdom; then God is bound, and the blessing shall come to us” (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant [2002], 192) .
● 我們要如何幫助兒童和年輕人明白智慧語的永恆重要性?
• How can we help children and youth understand the eternal significance of the Word of Wisdom ?
● 我們要如何幫助無法遵守智慧語的家人或朋友?
• What can we do to help family members or friends who have difficulty obeying the Word of Wisdom ?
給教師:列一張表可以引發班員的興趣,幫助他們集中注意。
For teachers: Writing lists can generate interest and help learners focus their attention .
班員或家人在討論主命令我們不要服用的物質時,可以請一個人把大家的答案寫在黑板或一大張紙上。
As class members or family members discuss substances that the Lord has commanded us not to take into our bodies, you may want to ask someone to write their answers on the board or on a large piece of paper.
在他們討論對我們身體有益的東西時,也可以這樣做。
You could do the same when they discuss things that are healthful for our bodies .
其他經文
Additional Scriptures
● 士師記13:13-14;箴言20:1;以賽亞書5:11-12;但以理書第1 章(不喝烈酒)
• Judges 13:13–14; Proverbs 20:1; Isaiah 5:11–12; Daniel 1 (avoid strong drink)
● 教約59:16-20(地上的作物是為了人的益處)
• D&C 59:16–20 (things of the earth for the benefit of man)
● 箴言23:20-21(不要好酒、貪食、懶惰)
• Proverbs 23:20–21 (warning against drunkenness, gluttony, laziness)
● 教約136:24(停止醉酒)
• D&C 136:24 (cease drunkenness)