英中對照/ELA/2/Tom Thumb

出自 青少年追求卓越
前往: 導覽搜尋

1Tom Thumb

1湯姆·拇指

2Cast of Characters:

2劇中人物:

3Tom Thumb: a very small boy, no bigger than an adult’s thumb

3湯姆·拇指:一個很小的男孩,不超過成年人的拇指

4Randy: a robber

4蘭迪:一個強盜

5Jed: another robber

5傑德:另一個強盜

6Scene One:

6第一幕:

7(Evening, in a barn outside the mayor’s house. TOM THUMB has just run away from a man that he was traveling with.)

7(晚上,在市長屋外的穀倉裡。湯姆·拇指剛從一個和他一起旅行的人那裡逃走。)

8Tom: (talking to AUDIENCE) Phew, what a day of adventure, eh friends? It was easy to escape from that silly man—because I’m so small. All I had to do was jump into a mousehole, and he couldn’t find me anywhere. I may be tiny, but I can still be tricky! (Sound of footsteps.)

8湯姆:(對聽眾說話)咻!這真是驚險的一天,啊,朋友們? 逃脫那個愚蠢的人很容易-因為我很小。 我需要做的就是跳進老鼠洞,他在任何地方都找不到我。 我或許很小,但是我仍然可以詭計多端! (腳步聲。)

9Tom: Someone’s coming—let’s hide!

9湯姆:有人來了-躲起來!

10(TOM hides. Enter TWO ROBBERS, JED and RANDY.)

10(湯姆躲起來。進來兩個強盜,傑德和蘭迪。)

11Randy: This is the house, Jed. The mayor’s traveled a long distance and won’t be back until tomorrow, so tonight is the perfect night to steal all his money.

11蘭迪:就是這間房子,傑德。 市長已經旅行了好一段路,直到明天才回來,所以今晚是偷走他所有錢的最完美之夜。

12Jed: But what about the cook and the maid? They’re certain to hear us breaking those famous iron bars around his money box.

12傑德:可是那廚師和女傭呢? 他們一定會聽到我們切斷他錢箱周圍的那些著名的鐵柵。

13Randy: Then we’ll just have to do it very, very quietly, won’t we?

13蘭迪:那麼我們就必須非常非常安靜地操做,不是嗎?

14Tom: (to AUDIENCE) Robbers! I like to play tricks, but stealing isn’t right. I feel another adventure coming on . . . watch this.

14湯姆:(對聽眾說)強盜! 我喜歡耍詐,但是偷東西是不對的。 我感覺到另一場冒險即將到來...... 瞧瞧這個。

15(TOM jumps out.)

15(湯姆跳出來。)

16Tom: (to ROBBERS) Hello there!

16湯姆: (對強盜說) 你們好!

17Randy: (looking around) Who said that?

17蘭迪:(環顧四周)誰這麼說?

18Tom: (waving) Down here!

18湯姆:(揮舞著)在這裡!

19Jed: How curious. What a tiny fellow.

19傑德:真奇怪。 好個小傢伙。

20Tom: Please take me with you into the house—I would love to help you.

20湯姆:請帶我和你一起到房子裡去—我很樂意幫助您們。

21Randy: You? Ha! You’re very polite, but you’re rather small to be a robber.

21蘭迪:你? 哈! 你很有禮貌,但你太小無法成為強盜。

22Tom: You said the mayor’s money is behind iron bars, and it will be noisy if you break them. But I’m so small, I can slip right between the bars without a sound.

22湯姆:你說過市長的錢在鐡柵的後面,如果你破壞它們,那會很吵。 但是我很小,我可以在鐡柵之間游走而不會發出聲音。

23Jed: And why should we trust you?

23傑德:那我們為什麼要相信你?

24Tom: I may be tiny, but I’m a faithful fellow—and I love adventures!

24湯姆:我也許很小,但是我是個可靠的夥伴—而且我喜歡冒險!

25Randy: Alright then, tiny one. Just remember—everyone has to speak very quietly inside the house. Think you can do that?

25蘭迪:好吧,小傢伙。 請記住—每個人在屋內講話都必須輕輕地。 你認為可以做到?

26Tom: Oh, certainly!

26湯姆:哦,當然!

27Randy: Very well. Now, let’s get robbing.

27蘭迪:很好。 現在,我們開始搶劫。

28Scene Two:

28第二幕:

29(Inside the mayor’s house.)

29(在市長的家中。)

30Randy: (whispering) Now then, tiny one. I expect climbing that table will be easy for you—then you just have to squeeze through the iron bars to get us the money. Ready?

30蘭迪:(細聲說)現在,小傢伙。 我認為爬上那張桌子對你來說很容易—那麼您只需擠過鐵柵即可拿錢給我們。 準備好了嗎?

31Tom: (whispering) Ready!

31湯姆:(細聲說)準備好了!

32Randy: (whispering) Remember: quiet as a mouse!

32蘭迪:(細聲說)記住:要像老鼠一樣安靜!

33(TOM climbs up the table, and slips through the iron bars.)

33(湯姆爬上桌子,穿過鐵柵。)

34Tom: (to AUDIENCE, whispering) Now watch this! (To ROBBERS, talking in his loudest voice) HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT? SHOULD I JUST TAKE ALL OF IT?

34湯姆:(對觀眾,細聲說)現在看! (對強盜說,用他最大的聲音說話)您想要多少? 我應該全部拿嗎?

35Randy: (whispering) SSSShhhhh! You’ll wake the cook and the maid—just give us the money!

35蘭迪:(細聲說)噓! 您這樣會喚醒廚師和女傭—只要給我們錢就好!

36Tom: (Even louder) WHAT? YOU WANT ME TO TAKE ALL OF THE SEVERAL HUNDRED COINS OUT OF THIS MONEY BOX?

36湯姆:(更大聲)什麼? 你要我將所有幾百枚硬幣從錢箱中取出嗎?

37(Sound of a door banging upstairs, and people shouting and running.)

37(樓上傳來門的巨響,又有人們大聲喊叫和奔跑。)

38Jed: (whispering) They’re coming, Randy!

38傑德:(細聲說)他們來了,蘭迪!

39Randy: (whispering) You sneaky little rat-boy—you tricked us! Let’s get out of here, Jed.

39蘭迪:(細聲說)你這個狡猾的小鬼,你騙了我們! 我們離開這裡,傑德。

40(ROBBERS run away.)

40(強盜逃跑。)

41Tom: (shouting after ROBBERS) I may be tiny, but I can still be tricky!

41湯姆:(在強盜背後大叫。)我或許很小,但是我仍然可以詭計多端!